VideoBar

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Re-shares Are Accelerating My Stream Past The Speed Of Light

Re-shares Are Accelerating My Stream Past The Speed Of Light

We all like to re-share stuff we see here in G+ - I do it too. But I find that much content that is re-shared is done so multiple times (take the Avengers Trailer-gasm of several hours ago, for example). I find that this constant stream of re-shares is often obscuring original posts from my circles that I might find interesting.

I understand the counter-argument: Re-shares might expose you to something you might not have otherwise seen in your circles. I get it. But I guess my solution to that is to expand my circles by being as engaging as possible, rather than hope something comes to me through a re-share?

So for now, I'm using the G+ Stream Filter extension to filter out all posts that have "originally shared this post" in the content. It's an experiment really, to see if my G+ stream yields a different experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment